Two beautiful ladies that work at our shop have been preparing an affordable and scrumptious Winter Veggie Box program that our lucky patrons can register for. Siena and Mandy have an unquestionable passion for locally-sourced, delicious produce, which is why I am thrilled about this idea. Below you will find details about their program and how it will work. From what we've heard and seen, I am most excited about the recipes that they will offer throughout their program! More information below...
St. George Winter Veggie Box (by Mandy and Siena)
- $30/week for supply of local, organic produce for 2-3 people
- Minimum of 5 varieties of produce weekly, featuring unique heritage varieties
- A weekly newsletter will be sent out with recipes and produce details included
- Pick-up at Marche St. George on Wednesdays during store hours (8am-6pm) starting February 15th and ending May 2nd, 2012
- The registration period ends of February 8th, 2012 *Extended*
- To register please come to the store with a cheque
- On pick up days, please bring your own reusable bags.
A sample Winter Veggie Box includes the following organic produce:
- 3.5lbs Empire apples
- 2lbs Rose Finn fingerling potatoes
- 1 bunch of rainbow Swiss chard
- 1 bunch of thyme
- 2.5lbs red onions
- 1lb portabella mushrooms
Please keep in mind that space for the St. George Winter Veggie Box is limited. If you're interested, do not hold off on registering as quickly as possible!
Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org